The holiday season is quickly approaching, and there’s no better time to start decluttering your home and get organized for the holidays.
One thing I love most about working for 21st Century #Storage, is having the opportunity to work with so many amazing people! We’ve got the most talented and dedicated #teammembers, people who are truly interested and committed to helping others! And although each season usually brings a new set of challenges, our team members continue easing the #holidaystress with one customer at a time. For example, by providing their customers with short-term storage solutions during the holiday season.
During the #countdown to #Christmas, you’ll feel the buzz right away when you enter the office at one of our facilities. Unless you’re among our regulars (you frequently make use of storage during the #holidayseason), chances are, you probably don’t know what I’m talking about. But just imagine how you’d feel to be greeted by an enthusiastic and knowledgeable member of our team, who’s #1 priority is to help you get your #home and #office ready for the holidays.
I’ll be posting several #blogs over the next few weeks, with tips and advice on how you can declutter and get organized. It can all be done before #Thanksgiving and #Christmas.
I recommend that reserve your #storage space/spaces a month ahead of time, but no less than 2 weeks in advance. If you’re like many, you may already know what size #space you need, if so, contact 21st Century Storage anytime by going to www.21css.com, by phone (866) 680-0480, or, you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just to let you know upfront, we’ve got many customers that know the drill… they’ll reserve their storage space/spaces far in advance, so they have peace of mind knowing it’s ready when they’re ready to move their belongings at 21st Century Storage So you can imagine… procrastination wouldn’t be in the best interest of timing, not when the holiday season approaching so quickly.
On a personal note, I tend to get a little anxious during the holiday season, even though it’s by far my most favorite time of year! But I know what I need to do for a stress-free holiday. I’m a much happier person and a far better host, ONLY after my home is free of clutter and completely organized.
Everything must be in it’s proper place before I begin decorating, and invitations don’t go out in the mail until my home is organized. My whole mood changes when I know I’ve made my home a place where everyone, including myself and family, will have plenty of room to be cozy, comfortable and most of all relaxed. Once this is done, I dive right in to decorating, planning parties and sending invitations! If you’re anything like me… take my advice and declutter and get organized now. I know you’ll enjoy this holiday season so much more if you do.
“Three Rules of Work:
Out of clutter find simplicity;
From discord find harmony;
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
” – Albert Einstein
Lets Get Started…
5 Tips for a Clutter-Free Holiday Season
- Do a thorough walk-through of your entire living space. Here’s a Whole Home Declutter Checklist to work from. You’ll be checking off anything that needs to be stored because its worn out, its not useful, it will free-up space for your guests, or will clash with the #holiday decor. VERY IMPORTANT – Set a date for taking these items to 21st Century Storage.
- Contact 21st Century Storage to #reserve your #storage space. You can reserve a space online atwww.21css.com, by phone at (831) 680-0480, or by email at email@example.com. Don’t forget to ask for directions, office hours, access hours, and purchase your boxes and tape. I don’t recommend using plastic bags or old boxes. It’s always better to use new sturdy boxes that are free of dust mites or other bacteria that could be hiding between the corrugated cardboard.
- Start a Declutter To-Do-List. When I start my to-do-list, I begin by focusing on the things around my home and office space that make me feel stressed… such as the “catch-all drawers and my closets.” Then I schedule every other weekend as my #decluttering/organizing time. I use this time to box things up, give things up, and take things to storage. But I don’t do it all on my own… most times I get help from my teenage son, spouse or both. Make it a fun family day and use the time together to catch up with each other.
- Pick 5 things every weekend that need a new home. Each weekend I pick 5 things that I actually use that are out of place. These are items that seem to end up everywhere… with no specific home in which they belong. I create a place for these useful items and make everyone in the home aware of where they belong and need to stay.
- Change the way you think.
I’ve always been someone who loves open space in the home. I love nice quality #furniture and #household items, but I don’t like to have too much of anything. My spouse is completely opposite! He’ll hold on to everything! The old chair has become part of him, he needs an end table at every end, and so on and so forth! This type of thinking will hold anyone back from creating a #clutter free and #organized #home. Once you’ve #uncluttered your home, make that your new look! It’s open and its beautiful! Take a deep breathe and learn to love the way it looks and feels, and that change will help you keep a clutter-free home.
Thank you for checking out my #blog! Please don’t forget to checkout our website for STORAGE SPECIALS, connect with us on #Facebook, #Twitter, #Google + and #Linkedin for current news and events.
21st Century Storage
Airport Road Storage by 21st Century Storage
Capitol View Storage by 21st Century Storage